- Open Data Commons Open Database License / OSM (ODbL/OSM)
+ You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
+ If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence.
+ For more info see http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright.
The dataset shows the dynamics of charcoal production in Somalia from 2011 to 2017.Multi-temporal dataset of very high-resolution remote sensing images such as WorldView-1, 2 and 3 were used to map kiln locations in the study area. The acquisition dates of the images range from 2011 to 2017. Charcoal production sites can be seen on satellite images as dark round/ almost round patches. Many small tracks/ paths are a common feature at these sites. They are used for access and transport. The average radius of the kilns is 3.3m but some are as big as 6m in radius.Multi temporal analysis of vhr images reveals a tremendous increase of charcoal sites over the years.
- Publication Date
- Dec. 11, 2019, 5:49 p.m.
- Vector Data
- Agricultural_Flooded_Areas_25May_3June2018 , Charcoalsites_2018_2019_Antony , charcoalsites_2018_2019_Benard , proscal , somalia , somalia`
- Land Resources
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Updated As Deemed Necessary
- Supplemental Information
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data