- Strategic Water Sources - February 2018
- Open Data Commons Open Database License / OSM (ODbL/OSM)
+ You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
+ If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence.
+ For more info see http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright.
The dataset contains the most common water source types in Somalia classified into five categories namely: boreholes, shallow wells, dams, springs and berkads. Other source types which do not fit in any of these five categories are classified as “Other” The data is periodically updated from field surveys carried out by FAO/SWALIM through government and NGO partners, or received from WASH Cluster partners.Modern technology has been adopted for field data collection, using mobile phones, building on the conventional paper based questionnaire first developed and adopted by WASH partners in Somalia back in 2006
- Publication Date
- Sept. 26, 2019, 1:01 p.m.
- Vector Data
- Water related datasets
- Water related datasets. Examples: rivers, water resources, floods
- Water Resources
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Updated As Deemed Necessary
- The political boundaries of Somalia shown by this data do not imply official endorsement or acceptance by the United Nations. For copies of digital data please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provision of timely and accurate water sources information supports water supply emergency preparedness and long term planning and management of the water...
- Temporal Extent
- Jan. 1, 2008, 10:37 a.m. - Feb. 1, 2018, 10:37 a.m.
- Data Quality
- Water Sources information get outdated at a fast rate given the temporary nature of most of the source types.Since the updating is not very frequent due to the costs involved, caution should be observed while using this dataset. A field verification is necessary if the data is being relied on for a high precision large scale Project.
- Supplemental Information
No information provided
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data
Comments (0 total)
Log in to add a comment