- Status of River Breakages Along Juba River - Aug 2019
- Not Specified
+ The original author did not specify a license.
Breakages identified in the map have been classified into six different categories; Open, Overflow, Potential Overflows, Potential breakages, Closed with sandbags and Closed. A total of 84 Open points were identified, 39 on the Shabelle River and 45 on the Juba River which require immediate action in advance of the strong possibility of normal to above normal Deyr (October-December) 2019 season rainfall.
- Publication Date
- Sept. 18, 2019, 8:42 a.m.
- Water Resources
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Updated As Deemed Necessary
- exclusive right to the publication, production, or sale of the rights to a literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work, or to the use of a commercial print or label, granted by law for a specified period of time to an author, composer, artist, distributor
- Data Quality
- The methodology used mainly relies on the use of Remote Sensing (RS) interpretation with only limited “ground truthing” due to access constraints. Open breakages and overflows might have been omitted or mis-classified as potential in some cases where satellite images were not available or the images may not have been very clear due to heavy cloud cover and dense vegetation cover.
- Supplemental Information
No information provided