- Shabelle & Juba River Breakages Aug 2019
- Open Data Commons Open Database License / OSM (ODbL/OSM)
+ You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors
+ If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence.
+ For more info see http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright.
Breakages identified in the map have been classified into six different categories; Open, Overflow, Potential Overflows, Potential breakages, Closed with sandbags and Closed. A total of 84 Open points were identified, 39 on the Shabelle River and 45 on the Juba River which require immediate action in advance of the strong possibility of normal to above normal Deyr (October-December) 2019 season rainfall.
- Publication Date
- Sept. 17, 2019, 5:31 p.m.
- Vector Data
- Floods , Juba River , Jubba_Breakages2019 , Shabelle River , Somalia
- Water Resources
- Maintenance Frequency
- Data Is Updated As Deemed Necessary
- Copyright FAOSWALIM
Early warning, early action
- Data Quality
- The methodology used mainly relies on the use of Remote Sensing (RS) interpretation with only limited “ground truthing” due to access constraints. Open breakages and overflows might have been omitted or mis-classified as potential in some cases where satellite images were not available or the images may not have been very clear due to heavy cloud cover and dense vegetation cover.
- Supplemental Information
No information provided
- Spatial Representation Type
- vector data is used to represent geographic data